Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/liontame/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
206 GTi Tyres
LIONTAMER.NET
12, December, 2017, 02:52: *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Registration for this forum is temporarily unavailable due to a large amount of abuse.
We like to ask anyone who wishes to become an active member of this forum to please use the "CONTACT" link and request a membership.
In the meantime we hope you enjoy just browsing our forum and benefit from some of the information available.

Forum Home   Help Search Login Register Contact  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 206 GTi Tyres  (Read 12680 times)
Michael

« on: 21, May, 2011, 20:34: »

hi,

I have an early 206 GTi with 15 inch wheels.  Standard tyres are 185x55.

In view of the increasingly potholed UK roads, and my increasing years (now pensioner) I would like to replace these tyres with 185x60.

This should improve thr ride with a small tradeoff in cornering response.  It will also increase the gearing by three percent, but as the car is a bit undergeared anyway, and the speedometer currently under reads by eight percent, this should be an improvement.

My concern is - will the extra 3mm tyre radius cause fouling on the bodywork or suspension.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting either these alternative tyres, or perhaps 195x55s which would also have a similar increase in size?

Thanks,

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Custom Search