Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/liontame/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
P607 2002 Residual problems after exchanging starter motor and cranking battery
LIONTAMER.NET
20, October, 2017, 16:46: *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Registration for this forum is temporarily unavailable due to a large amount of abuse.
We like to ask anyone who wishes to become an active member of this forum to please use the "CONTACT" link and request a membership.
In the meantime we hope you enjoy just browsing our forum and benefit from some of the information available.

Forum Home   Help Search Login Register Contact  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P607 2002 Residual problems after exchanging starter motor and cranking battery  (Read 602 times)
cliff

« on: 13, March, 2017, 07:26: »

After resolving electrical problems due to a faulty starter motor I have two outstanding symptoms that have stumped me.

I replaced the starter motor and the starting battery and reset the BSI.  I have driven over 100km in highway conditions. I have scanned the Fault Codes  using an el-cheapo Diag tool but there were no clues from there. An auto electrician has tested the second Services battery (that he installed 2014) and he says it is still OK.

Firstly, when I use the direction indicators, left and right, they always work but sometimes they flash faster than normal and then I get a blown globe alarm. I can't read the multi-function display (its unreadable at 25C) so I don't know which globes it is reporting. Needless to say I have checked both the front and rear globes and re-seated them all. (but not the side lights). All 6 globes are ok. The flashing is always normal speed when I activate the Emergency Flasher  button.

Secondly, the front and back cabin lights do not work when the car is unlocked or when  a door is opened. The courtesy lights in the bottom of all four doors do work. The map reading lights in front and back will operate when the ignition key is in the first position. But again the front central light does not respond to being switched on.

Can I have some ideas from this community to help me fix these problems? Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Custom Search